Sunday, February 1, 2009

JUST SIGNED UP FOR THE BRONX HALF MARATHON WHICH IS IN 7 DAYS & HAD A GREAT 6 MILE RUN WITH BR411/HUBBY

I've been putting it off cause I don't want to freeze my ass out there, but decided I need a long sleeve t-shirt (and isn't all this running about getting the t-shirt LOL) I've completed 19 runs for January 09 for a total of 107 miles, and ran today for 6 more miles for a total of 113 so far for the year, but all the miles have been run inside on the TM. I'm not worried about the distance of the race Sunday, I can easily cover the 13.1 miles, but a bit concerned that I'm going to freeze, but like I said, I WANT THAT SHIRT. LOL Plus, I'm due to run at least that for my long run and I'd rather run with a crowd. LOL so I will be going into the Bronx next Sunday for the Half Marathon!

2:10pm - Was able to run with hubby/BR411 at the gym on the TM cause my folks came over and watched the girls. Thanks Mom and Dad!! I know you all are probably saying "what, you ran inside today, when it finally hit 47F", but BR411 didn't want to run outside for his long run, as the roads are still icy and very sandy, so I agreed and we hit the gym. Thankfully there were two TM's available next to eachother and off we ran. It was nice running side by side. Can't wait for the warmer weather to come so we can run together more often.

I set the TM to 5.6 and ran for 1:04:00, legs felt good and I think it was a nice warm up for tomorrows long run (14 scheduled).

My avg HR was 144 cardiac drift: 221 (HR interference again, ARGHHHH)

M1 10:40 136
M2 10:40 131
M3 10:40 131
M4 10:40 131
M5 10:40 135
M6 10:40 135

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. My parents are originally from the Bronx! We use to visit there all the time. I can't wait to read all about it.

tfh said...

Have a great 14! Bronx Half should be fun...and hopefully not TOO cold.