Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1,2008

Well, back on Christmas day I joined NYRR's to be eligible for the NYC marathon in 2009. Today, January 1, 2008 I created this blog to make myself accountable. I need all the help I can get and writing a journal can only help. I know it's going to be hard with two kids, but I WILL do this.

I haven't run since I did the Cow Harbor 10K race back in September 2005. I wanted to break a 10 minute mile, and I did it in 9:54. YEAH!!!!!!!! I've done various exercises for brief stints, but nothing compared to the training I did for that race! You're probably wondering why I decided to pick up running, as I was never a runner. I chose to run this race because 2005 was the year I turned 40, and it was also the 25th anniversary from when I ran the Cow Harbor race my first and only time when I was in the 10th grade. LOL I think I ran it then in 38 minutes, so I was just hoping at 40 I could break an hour. So, I accomplished my goal!!

Now my ultimate goal is the NYC Marathon in 2009. To accomplish this I have to run 9 qualifying races this year. Where to begin? I've looked on the NYRR calendar, but nothing of interest yet. Hopefully they will post more races soon!! I don't think I'll be ready for a race until may anyway.

Also, wouldn't mind running the Summer Series this summer, but need to do research on that.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Need to focus on ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! First things first. Start C25K tomorrow!!!! So, tomorrow I start the C25K. I found the itunes podcast to go along with it, so it should go well. I plan to get myself up to running 3 miles, 3 times a week and then stay at that for about 4 weeks to build a solid base. Then start training from there for the 9 qualifying races.

THIS IS MY PROFILE, THAT DIDN'T FIT.....

I'm a SAHM with a wonderful husband and two beautiful girls 5 & 7. I'm turning 43 in March and wanted to get back into running. I was never a runner, but I played soccer and softball my whole life. Back in 2005, when I turned 40, I set a goal to run the Cow Harbor 10K race in under a 10min mile. I trained for 3 months and was thrilled when I crossed the finish line at 1:01:30, a 9:54 mile!!!!!!! This year I WILL do it in under 55 minutes!!!!!!! I've now set another goal, and that is to run the 2009 NYC Marathon when I'm 44. To accomplish this I WILL complete the 9 qualifying races to make this dream a reality. Best part is, my brother will be running (not sure if I'll be up to his pace), but running it with me!!!!! I created this blog to make myself accountable!!

No comments: