Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just realized I didn't write down the specifics of the C25K program.

The program is designed to be run 3 days per week. I am altering it a tad because we are going on vacation and I want to be able to be running 3 miles by March 1st. Hopefully I won't regret this because I want to stay injury free, but if I feel any discomfort I will make changes at that point. But so far so good. So, what I am doing is running every other day, instead of just picking 3 particular days in a week, each week. It's basically the same thing, but a few less rest days.

The program is as follows:
Week 1: consists of running the same work out each day.

Start with a brisk 5 minute warm up walk.
Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Followed by a 5 minute brisk cool down walk, for a total of 30 minutes.

No comments: