Wednesday, January 2, 2008

STARTED C25K PROGRAM: WEEK 1 DAY 1

Well, I woke up this morning all excited to start the C25K program. Kids actually slept a little late. We had a rushed morning before I got them off to school in a very unexpected snow storm. While driving them to school I was wondering why today? I want to run. Well, within a half hour the snow stopped. I had some things that had to get done, so didn't get to the run until 2:15, but I did it. First day, check, COMPLETED!!!!

It was cold but not unbearable. Fired up the itunes podrunner, week one and off I went. It was incredible. Total time was 30 minutes. My average HR was 136, and my max was 166. Never felt like I had to stop, but definitely felt like I got a good workout. I don't really care about distance at this point, but I do know where I ran, so I'll try to take the car out tomorrow and measure the distance just to get an idea.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Maybe just walk outside or do the eliptical at the gym.

No comments: