Saturday, November 8, 2008

ANOTHER RUN IN THE RAIN, I THINK I'M GOING TO FLOAT AWAY:)

Actually, I like running in the rain, and in the beginning it was just a misty rain. About half way through it poured, but for only like 2 minutes. Thankfully it was a mild day, at about 58 degrees, so I wasn't cold at all. Still wearing that LLBean rain slicker, and today i wore shorts, so the rain just trickled down my legs. LOL

My body is LOVING these slow mileage. Today I ran basically the same route as yesterday, but ran the first loop around the pond with a little hill, and I ran it 43:00, and my heartrate never went above 140. So many times today I just wanted to pick up the pace and let loose, but I know how important this phase is. Legs feel awesome

Splits for today were:
M1 - 10:58 121bpm
M2 - 10:48 134bpm
M3 - 11:01 133bpm
M4 - 10:21 140bpm ( really wanted to sprint this last part. LOL)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so disciplined with your running. Great job.

I like how you are using Long Island as a test. You really do learn a lot from each marathon. Plus, there are so many options for training, you need to figure out which works best for you.