Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY

Had a great run today. Slept the best I have in years. Kids were at BR411's parents last night for a sleepover. I actually slept straight through the night for the first time since having kids. LOL

I brought my phone again. I'm really liking having it with me. Since I have the iphone, it's great. It has my podcasts. I set it to play, plugged in the headphones, put it in my pocket, and off I went. If someone calls, all I have to do is hit the little clicky thingy on the headphone cord to answer/hangup. Never have to touch the actual phone; no flip, no pushing buttons, just AWESOME. And no texts came in today, THANKFULLY.

Pretty much ran the same 4 mile flat route around the pond. Felt really good. And really tried to be consistent with my splits. Results are as follows:

M1 - 9:54 136 bpm
M2 - 9:56 138 bpm
M3 - 9:51 140 bpm
M4 - 10:05 143 bpm

5 comments:

CewTwo said...

Oooh, first comment! I am somebody!

You have a good plan, and great attitude, and an excellent support group! I know that you will succeed!

(You have already in my eyes!)

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get a good nights rest. That must have felt great.

tfh said...

A good night's sleep really is priceless. Hooray for the good run and the consistent splits!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice! Way to hold a pace!

JBinAZ said...

So, what is it like to sleep all night? congrats on the good run.

I know what you mean about the iphone. I have been using it to track my runs using a gps app.