Friday, May 2, 2008

1st TEMPO RUN AND IT FELT GREAT!!

Well, I met my friend Denise this morning for our weekly run, and I was running late and was a bit discombobulated, so when we started the run, I had my Garmin, but I didn't have the Nike+ receiver connected to my ipod nano. We started the run, and I was freaking and finally after about a quarter mile, I said, I forgot something I have to go back to my car. I told her to go on ahead and I'd catch up. So, that is how I ended up doing a tempo run. Sprinting back to the car and trying to catch my friend:) Ok, you can say it, I am officially addicted to Nike+ and Adam Tinkoff's Challenges:)

But, it all worked out in the end. The faster pace felt great, and I had a real nice run today. So I kind of did things backwards, I did my first 2 miles fast, and did the last 3 miles nice and slow.

Time: 53:56
Distance: 5.02 miles
Avg Pace: 10:44
Calories: 409
My Mile splits were:
Mile 1: 9:44 Avg HR 151 Cardiac Drift: 171 (Avg speed 6.2mph max speed 10mph)
Mile 2: 9:39 Avg HR 159 Cardiac Drift: 173 (Avg speed 6.2mph max speed 9.7mph)
Mile 3: 11:27 Avg HR 149 Cardiac Drift: 159 (Avg speed 5.2mph max speed 6.2mph)
Mile 4: 11:41 Avg HR 143 Cardiac Drift: 161 (Avg speed 5.1mph max speed 6.7mph)
Mile 5: 11:10 Avg HR 149 Cardiac Drift: 155 (Avg speed 5.4mph max speed 5.9mph)
118.97 ft: :14 Avg HR 148 Cardiac Drift: 152 (Avg speed 5.7mph max speed 5.7mph)

Oh, and I stepped on the scale today. I started running exactly 4 months ago today, and I have lost a total of 10 lbs!! I am now back in my size 2 jeans baby!!!

4 comments:

robison52 said...

Yup, that's what is sad about running...the need to buy smaller size clothes! Don't purchase to many new pants as you may shrink more!!

LIrunner9 said...

Hey Bruce! Thanks for the advice. I won't buy any clothes for awhile:)

On January 2nd, when I started running I was hoping to lose 20 lbs by August 24th (which is 3 weeks before my half marathon), I'm half way there! (the scale now says 120, and I feel great!)

robison52 said...

You're making great progress with the weight loss. I find that those last 10 pounds are always the hardest to lose as my body is concerned I might need the extra weight for a possible famine.

LIrunner9 said...

Hey Bruce!

Very true. And usually carbs are NOT my friend. But since I started running I'm eating lot's of carbs, but I'm sticking with the good carbs only. No sugar, no white flour. Lot's of oatmeal, bananas, whole wheat stuff. So far it is working.