Sunday, May 17, 2009

24 WEEKS TIL NYC; NICE RECOVERY RUN TODAY; MY DAUGHTERS FIRST COMMUNION TODAY; WEEKLY RECAP 5-11-09 THRU 5-17-09

Woke early before the rest of the family woke. Rainy/cloudy 60F. So much for our rain dance for today, as today is our 8 year old daughters First Communion. Still a blessed day and we are all very excited!

7:46a.m. - got out the door, and ran a very easy 3 Mile recovery run, wasn't quite sure how to run this pace wise, so just went out and let my legs go nice and easy. No ill affects from yesterdays dopey fall, thank God. There is a bruise/scrape on my knee but it didn't hurt at all during the run and my legs felt awesome.

3 miles in 28:52

Mile splits:
M1 9:51
M2 9:25
M3 9:36

I even ran up my hill back to my house to end the run. Nice:)!

WEEKLY RECAP 5-11-09 THRU 5-17-09
Mon- Rest day
Tues - 4 easy done at conversational pace
Wed - 6miles total 1/2 mile warmup, followed by 3 mile 30 seconds faster, followed by 2 miles 45 seconds faster, then 1/2 mile cooldown
Thurs - 4 miles done in negative splits
Fri - rest day
Sat - 8 mile long run
Sun - 3 mile recovery run

Total miles for Week 1 = 25miles

Week 1 of NYC training done! NYC here I come:)!!


2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a good solid week of training! Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see your updates again - way to go with week 1.

My younger daughter's first communion was last month - it was a great day. Today is her 'recorder' recital in school, another cool milestone!