Saturday, May 16, 2009

LONG RUN - slow and easy

Got up at 5am, had half a bagel with peanut butter, some coffee and was out the door by 6:05 to meet my friend Eva at 6:30. This time she came to my neck of the woods, and I chose a very nice fairly flat 8 mile course.

Nice easy/slow run out there today 8 miles in 1:24:18, an overal pace of 10:32

Mile splits:

M1 10:57
M2 10:52
M3 9:51
M4 10:17
M5 9:50
M6 10:31
M7 10:28
M8 11:30

Pace was definitely conversationally, and felt great.

Mapped an 8 mile route via mapmyrun, and it was about a .5 short, so wanted to add more to the route so ran through the HS parking lot and wasn't paying attention, when I went over the speed bump, clipped my shoe and went down like a ton of bricks:( Scraped hand, right elbow and right knee cap. Stung like a mother, but by the time I got home nothing hurt. Thank God. Iced the knee and then took a hot tubbie, and all seems fine now. Just dopey on my part. Note to self, no more running in HS parking lots. LOL

But overall I think the run went well. Until I fell on my knee, I had no discomfort. Two weeks ago I ran this same route, and by the end the rt knee was very tender:( So today was a thumbs up

Not sure how to run tomorrows recovery run, as todays pace was slower than my previous runs this week. Does recovery mean even slower tomorrow? Or recovery being same pace, just less miles??

No comments: