Thursday, May 14, 2009

NEGATIVE SPLITS

Woke this morning with a bit of a sore throat, and it was cloudy and chilly. Got the kids off to school and got out the door before the rain really hit. Ran in some drizzle, but not bad and the temp said 60F. I wore my brooks yellow running jacket in case it rained, and it felt chilly when I left the house, but didn't really need it and all it did was make me hot LOL

I forgot my water for the run, cause I was going crazy cause I couldn't find my knee brace, the one I like for the IT band, but found the sleeve one. Don't like this one cause it is a tad constricting. Oh well, something is better than nothing. Rush out the door and into M1 realized I had no water. Oh well, couldn't stop to drink anyway as I was due to do 4 miles negative splits, no walking.

Still feel I may have done them too fast but it did feel good. Felt a twitch in rt knee a tad during M1 but was gone by M2. But over all legs felt great. Was a tad concerned that running 3 days in a row would be an issue, since yest and todays wo were hard per se, but I'm feeling good and there is no pain:)

Mile Splits are as follows:

M1 - 9:25
M2 - 9:18
M3 - 9:02
M4 - 8:39

2 comments:

J said...

Wow! Those are excellent negative splits! Way to accomplish what you set out to do :)

teacherwoman said...

Nice run! You are sure speedy!