Friday, May 29, 2009

GREAT 10MILE LONG RUN & REVIEW OF A GREAT NEW RUNNING BRA I JUST FOUND

Plan for today was 7 miles at 10s pace +/- 10secs and last 3 miles at 8:45 pace +/- 10secs

Woke this morning still feeling sore, but better than yesterday, and it felt like a good sore:)

Mapped out my 10mile loop, and headed out the door at 11:20am. Temps said 56F, and I got lucky, rain held off for the whole run:)

I walked up my hill to the flats, about .15, where I then started my 10mile run. Legs felt good right from the beginning. I took a carb boom orange/vanilla gel at mile 6, and really was feeling good.

10miles in 1:36:34 for an average pace of 9:39

Mile splits were (accordin 2my Garmin 301)

M1-10:40
M2-9:51
M3-10:03
M410:01
M5-9:59
M6-9:57
M7-9:50
M8-8:51
M9-8:45
M10-8:35

Legs felt awesome. Walked the hill back up to my house, tried to do the core exercises, but my ass muscles are still sore from the hill sprints on Wed LOL, you have to remember, I'm 44 years old LOL, and my arms and stomach muscles are also a tad sore, so the pu & crunches just didn't happen:( I will try the core again tomorrow. I felt it best to not push it, and let the muscles recover. Hope that's OK? Not sure if it is related, but wonderin if I'm sore due to the fact I got my 'monthly friend' this morning. I know, too much information, but I figure I'd throw it out there. It didn't affect my run, but wondering if it affecting how my muscles are recovering????

I did do the supermans, and the 1min planks. They felt awesome and didn't bother my other issues.

But overall I think I nailed todays workout and I'm pretty psyched:)

Now for my review of a new running bra that was brought to my attention. It is made by Gracies-Gear and it is AWESOME. The most comfortable running bra I have ever worn. And most importantly, I didn't chaffe, and it has a pocket that held my iphone while I ran. Just amazing. Here's a link to the one I tried. It's the long tank and it didn't ride up on me at all.

1 comment:

robison52 said...

Congrats on a strong 10 mile run...looks like a negative split too!! It's more than o.k. not too push too hard due to soreness, it's just plain smart to listen and respond to what your body says.