Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another gorgeous day. Plan was to run a half mile w/u, then 3 miles at 30 secs faster, then 2 miles at 45 secs faster, then 1/2 mile cool down for a total of 6 miles.

Decided to run the 6 miles around and around the pond:) Finished in 54:33

Started the w/u at my regular 10min pace, hit the half mile at exactly 5:00min, legs felt great:)!
Then kicked it up a notch to run 3 miles at 30 secs faster:

mile splits as follows:
M1- 9:32 (wasn't sure at this point if I'd finsih, but when I hit the mile mark, legs felt great)
M2 -9:04
M3 -8:51

Then kicked it up another notch to run next 2 miles at 45 seconds/mile faster:
M4 - 8:42
M5 - 8:22

Then a half mile cooldown at 5:02

Legs felt awesome. This workout was fantastic. Though I'm sure I ran it too fast, it really felt good. Oh, and I wore the knee brace, and once again, no pain in the knee:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Glad the knee didn't bother you!

tfh said...

Great progressive speed on the workout!