Tuesday, March 18, 2008

NICE EASY 3 MILE RUN TODAY!

Todays my 43rd Birthday:)

Temperature said 40 degrees, cloudy, no sun. Cold at first, but I warmed up quick once I was running:)
35:06 minutes 138 AVG HR 156 MAX HR
3.0 miles
11:42 pace In zone 25:28 above zone 9:23 below zone 1:72 seconds
241 cals
splits were as follows:
Mile 1 - 11:19 132AVG 153 154 MAX
Mile 2 - 11:43 149 AVG 141 156 MAX
Mile 3 - 12:03 135 AVG 122 150 MAX
Took a different 3 mile route to test how my endurance really is. It felt great! Legs felt great. I really think changing my shoes did the trick with my 'calf issue'. Only thing was, I didn't realize that most of the route I chose to run today would be uphill. LOL I decided to leave right from my house. I went down my hill and out to the main road. I drive that road every day and never realized there was an incline. LOL The last mile of the run, was my usual last mile, so that was nice and flat and a little downhill. But half of the 1st mile of todays run was up and incline and all of the 2nd mile. It was a nice 3 mile loop. But I was pleased with my heart rate. It would go up, but then come right back down. So much for wanting to stay under 70%, but all and all I'm happy.

2 comments:

robison52 said...

During training I prefer running harder uphills and/or against the wind, as the return trip is easier and can up my pace if I so desire...it's almost a guarantee that I finish strongly and on a more positive note.

LIrunner9 said...

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was running. That is why I like my neighborhood. Very hilly. Just wish I didn't live smack dab in the middle of a hill. LOL