Friday, March 7, 2008

Temp said 43, but it felt chilly, but not bad once I was running!

Sleep was horrible. Both kids had me up several times, but when I woke, my RHR was 53, so I decided to get my run in after dropping kids at school. Run today went ok, but had to stop at 2.5 miles. I've had a nagging ache in my left calf, which never amounts to anything and when I feel it, it is mostly after my runs when I'm walking around or after I wake int he morning. Well, today during my run at about mile 2 my RIGHT calf started hurting, so I slowed my pace and kept going. I finally had to stop and strech it. Hurt, but not that bad. Well, by 2.5 miles I was getting a pain in my right calf I have never felt before. Sharp! So I stopped and walked the rest of the way home. Walking did not bother it. Went home iced it every hour for 10 minutes, 5x. I can not believe this is happening as my race is only 2 days away. Obviously taking a rest/ice day tomorrow and praying!!!! Temp said 43, but it felt chilly, but not bad once I was running!


My splits were as follows: Time 24:38
Mile1= 9:22 AVGHR 135 MAXHR 148
Mile2= 9:19 AVGHR 146 MAXHR 155
.5 = 5:57 AVGHR 144 MAXHR 152

Wow, can't believe race day is only 2 days away. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: