Friday, February 22, 2008

update: right from the NYRR website:
Note: Due to unsafe road conditions resulting from inclement weather, the NYRR Al Gordon Snowflake 4-Mile has been designated a fun run. Men and women will start together at 9:30 a.m.; there will not be a separate men's start at 8:00 a.m. The race will not be scored and will not be a points race for NYRR team competition. Registered entrants will receive credit for one of the nine races that are part of the eligibility requirements for guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2009. Registration is open at NYRR at 9 East 89th Street until 7:00 p.m. Friday and 7:30-9:15 a.m. Saturday.

Well, seeing as it is still snowing, and is expected to snow thru the nite, we are taking the free bee:) and giving myself a little more time to train before the next race on March 9th. Knowing me, I'll probably run an additional race to make up for this 'free bee'. LOL Also, my achiness has greatly subsided, so two more weeks of training before my 'official' first race sounds good to me:)

A little disappointing, but I think I'd rather play it safe and be home, and enjoy my daughters 5th birthday party celebration. My luck I'd go in for the fun run and slip and fall on ice:(
So, one race down, 8 (9) more to go!!!

1 comment:

robison52 said...

A good idea staying home and enjoying your daughter's 5th birthday party celebration, your body could use the extra training and rest as well. Looking forward to rading about your success at teh 2009 ING New York City Marathon...I would love to run New York someday!!